(trailer review) - Dead Space



Dead Space was a game by Electronic Arts which came out in 2008. And while I was an avid gamer at that time, the game always intrigued me, but I never quite bought into it or played it. The "shooting/cutting" off limbs were fine and all that, but I think (and this is a hard guesstimate on my part right now), I just did not get the game or play it because it looked really creepy. Not to say I was scared of the game, but I guess I just was not interested in playing a game similar to the old Resident Evil games earlier in the franchise where it is atmospherically dark, intentionally... AND monsters or deformed people (necramorphs, I think they were called) are jump scaring me from any angle they see fit putting my heart at risk. Needless to say, I missed out on the Dead Space franchise, 1 to 3 and gazed on it from afar listening to how like most games, the third game was not as good and they gave the silent protagonist a voice when he did not speak in the first two games, things like that. But seeing this trailer having heard they are remaking the game, I am actually open to playing a game similar to the old resident evil series where it is atmospherically dark, intentionally... AND necramorphs are jump scaring me from any angle they see fit. Consider me grown and matured.


Hearing about this remake a few months ago and now having seen this trailer, although 100% different from the original trailer back in 2009, I am definitely interested as I really want to play this game and it has indeed drawn me in. I am guessing some part of me wanting to get and play this game is the compulsion to start a franchise I was always somewhat interested in but never got around to doing so. The graphics this time around, the details, the shots, the franchise, the remake this game is based on knowing beforehand that the entire series is meant to be really good, although the last game fell off a bit, the third game (like Mass Effect, really, people had their complaints and issues, I did not with that series), I did not get to experience that AND this game looks beautiful. Besides, knowing how good it was meant to be, I can only imagine since this game has been remade from the original from the ground up, does let me know they have made the necessary changes to help polish the game and possibly the franchise going forward. Out later this month and I am 75% interesting in getting it. Maybe a before you buy will assist with my decision.


The original launch trailer from 2008 (which I feel, although plays different, it is somewhat better, than the remake launch trailer), maybe they should have remade the trailer with added bits:





Comments

Popular Posts