(trailer review) - Star Wars Outlaws




I think I am just a little conflicted. Star Wars does not have a great track record in Movies, TV shows and gaming. With that said, the last of anything that has been really good to great, is definitely the gaming scene with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. I have played Fallen Order and I really enjoyed it. Some of the handling with the controls is a little annoying, like the movement etc, but the story is good. The action is good. A few puzzles here and there but overall, very enjoyable. I've heard nothing but good things with Survivor, but I have not played Survivor yet but I will and I am sure I will enjoy it. An issue with Star Wars in gaming, is the monetisation which gamers experienced with Battlefront. I never got into that or dared to play it, but it was an absolute mess. The trust has not been there for a good reason, so when they announce a game is in the work, we all get a little apprehensive. Fallen Order and Survivor has been great, so, we can only hope Outlaws is just as good.


From what I can tell, the game's story picks up after 'The Empire Strikes Back' and before 'Return of the Jedi' where this young scoundrel Kay Vess and her pet partner Nix, is taking on a job fir Zerek Besh to steal from crime boss Sliro. Operating in and around the criminal underworld in the outer rim Kay Vess is likely to deal with the Pykes, Crimson Dawn, the Hutts and any other faction before she is able to buy her freedom.

It looks great, well, quite spectacular even. It will be interesting to learn how deep the story will go and how much it taps into the Skywalker story or if any other stories will cross paths. What other characters may we see or bump into. Han Solo was there frozen in carbonite, so will you also hear about any other rebel factions or Princess Leia. Will we have better connections to the TV Shows or movies. Even if we do not see all the Bounty Hunters and criminals we know and love, but seeing Din Jarin, Boba Fett or Cad Bane. It would be too be able to flight the ship too. Refreshing not to see and use Lightsabres.

Comments

Popular Posts