(trailer review) - Marvel's Spider-Man 2




The original Spider-Man game for the PlayStation 4 is the only game that almost made me buy a PS4 just to play that game. I came unbelievably close to purchasing a Spider-Man-themed console. So close, but I had to come to my senses as the PS5 was due to come out the following year. Whilst I did not know I'd be waiting for ages to get my hands on a PS5, in all fairness it did not take me that long and I got the digitally enhanced (I believe it was called) Spider-Man game where they changed the character design of Peter Parker to make him look younger and where some say, to look more like Tom Holland. Although I did not care about the look of the character, I based my opinion on the game itself and it was marvellous. Soo good. Imagine knowing the story of Peter Parker, how he became Spider-Man, how his enemies became who they became and the characters that play an important role in Peter Parker's life...then imagine, Insomniac saying, "Yeah, kinda, but not really". Insomniac has taken creative liberties with the lore of Spider-Man and the character and put their own spin on this Spider-Man. Needless to say, there were zero complaints as the story was amazing and the gameplay was far superior to any other Spider-Man game that has ever existed. On top of that, Insomniac decided to drop another Spider-Man game based on the Mile Morales Spider-Man with his own background and story (which was also just as spectacular) and put a different look and spin to the characters in his story as well as the world you swing in. Same city, but it seems different. Music, gameplay, voice acting, everything was great, so to say they were doing a sequel (because Spider-Man: Miles Morales was simply a glorified add-on/), the world has never stopped smiling.

There have been some other trailers before this one, but this one breaks down the gameplay with the new editions to the gameplay mechanics as well as what is different this time around. A much larger city to play with, Web-wings and other gadgets. The ability to swap characters on the fly a la, Grand Theft Auto 5. This game promises soo much that my only concern and reservation is, will they satisfy us gamers with just as good a story as the first game? Can they repeat the success or even outdo themselves? You literally had the Sinister Six in the last game with amazing fights with The Vulture, The Rhino, Electro, Doctor Octopus and many more, so with the promise of The Lizard, Venom and Kraven the Hunter, I am hoping there are more villains and I am also hoping for a few cameos from other characters, superheroes and villains. I trust that this will be amazing because it looks like it, I just hope they stick the landing with the story. Their creative liberties may not work with everything they are doing and that would be disappointing.

Comments

Popular Posts