(trailer review) - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth


I was finding it hard to sleep so I took a look at my phone to see if I could "watch" anything that would help get my eyes tired to eventually fall asleep to and I stumbled across the PlayStation State of Play showcase and saw the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth trailer...WOW! For those who have known me for a long time, Final Fantasy VII was my game. I played it when it first came out all those years ago on the PlayStation One and I loved it. I think at the time, I saw a picture of the characters in Chrono Trigger likely in a PlayStation Magazine and while I did not get that game but admired the look of Cloud and co. I bought the multi-disc game to see what the game was all about. I loved it. I think I had a FFVII guide as well which also helped with a few things but the story, the characters, the secret characters, I loved it all. I mean, my name came from the game! So waiting years upon years to finally witness the release of the FFVII Remake was simply a dream come true. If I remember correctly, they had promised a remake for the PS3 and it never happened. I watched the FFVII Advent Children film, which was great and jumping back into that world was just amazing. I was definitely conflicted though, because I wanted what I played all those years ago, tuned up and brought to current gen graphics and sensibilities and while I did get that, I also got lots of changes to get games story whilst most of it still stayed the same. Changes to the materia, changes to the Summons and that really bummed me out. Seeing the new interpretations was cool and all and while I was banking hard on the nostalgia factor and the way things played out, I really enjoyed the game but was also somewhat disappointed in some of the offerings and takes. With that said, I had an amazin time playing the game (because ultimately I begrudgingly loved it) so I could not wait for the sequel to see what else they will "change" but include and where the story will take us.


This trailer is soo amazing, the only things I did not like, was the introf Vincent, the lack of Cid Highwind and where on earth is the Snowboarding game? Loved it, loved it loved it. Seeing the towns and the world beyond Midgar fully realised is absolutely beautiful. Seeing Cosmo Canyon in the day time, seeing Junon, the play where the massive gun/cannon is, seeing Sephiroth fight with Cloud from the story he told about how cloud met him, seeing The Gold Saucer, it all looked great and the attention to detail is beyond anything I would have imagined. Finally seeing Red XIII fighting as a playable character is excellent but more importantly, Cait Sith, the Mog on a huge stuffed puppet toy was the icing on the cake for me. A talking Irish Cat who shouts commands through a megaphone to a huge stuffed puppet toy is one of the weirdest things in FFVII and I loved playing with that character. The fact Cait Sith is a playable character also fills me with joy. I actually cannot wait for this game to come out and which ever version that has the best bits accompanied with the physical game, there is a very high chance I will get it. Final Fantasy VII, not any other game, but VII is such a great game, sonto be able to play the remake (intergrade), rebirth and so forth after waiting soo long for it and it doesn't actually suck, is something that will please my soul forever. Flying Chocobos too? Could that mean Chocobo breeding? I want to see Neithlehelm, Coral and some of those other storylines with the side characters. I wanted to see the Tiny Bronco (hopefully) and whilst it is great and all having Vincent show up (a secret character along with Yuffie in the original game), maybe at the end of the game we get to see Cid and the Highwind. Next year February could not get here soon enough.

Comments

Popular Posts