(trailer review) - Star Wars Jedi: Survivor




For those who have not read my Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order review, it took me a while to complete that game. While the gameplay mechanics needed a little work, I ultimately enjoyed the game, story, lore etc. I broke it all down here. So upon hearing, there was a sequel to that game coming out and currently being worked on, forced me (no pun intended) to complete that game before this one came out. I was stuck on a boss for a while, possibly even a year and ultimately gave up on it, but when I tried and tried again, using different techniques and styles when I got back into it, I was able to defeat the boss and then the final boss to complete the game.
What I will point out as interesting in the game though, nonsensical moments in the gameplay and the amount of other little issues I had with it, the game was challenging and where I was simply "button bashing", the game challenged me to challenge myself, this is why I ended up completed it in the end and ultimately loved it. This trailer looks like it will bring even more challenging moments, bosses and tasks.

This new one looks more mature, it looks like the story is deeper and more engaging. Having other characters helping you in battle, whilst I do not believe you will be able to control those characters, would be nice if you could perform moves that tag them in for a few moves/hits but does not come across as repetitive, as that would be annoying. You can see different sabre styles you can use and there also seems to be a grappling hook, as well as the wall run and maybe an air-dash? a vast variety of moves I think. Hopefully, when you start the story, you have all your old moves and you learn others along the way organically, like the Batman Arkham series. I also hope the controls and handling of the character is more defined and closer to God of War "remake" as I find the controls on that game solid and very responsive. Hopefully no falling off cliffs too. I am definitely interested.

Comments

Popular Posts